89 eec in 91?

Bacondoggy

before I put it in, will that be ok? I know there were smalle differences between the years, but will it run ok?

also - how do you reprogram your EEC? my 91 had a hypertech chip in it, and I took it out now its running all whack - I went to their website - they said with some reprogrammer they have you can re-calibrate it back to the origional eec configuration - but I don't have a re-calibrator and I do not want to buy anything from them, as their chip screwed my eec up to begin with!

ps. I have a hypertech chip for sale if anyone's interested!!! LOL

Last edited:
What you should do...

Get your self a pinout of your year/model/trans (1991, auto or stick) EEC. Get the pinout for the 89 EEC (again, for either auto or stick, depends on what trans you have). Put them side by side and compare. If you find any differences, you can change the pinout on the EEC harness connector. Best thing to do would just be to go to a salvage yard, or say Autozone or Advance Auto to see if they have remanufactured units available.

BTW, what is you SC doing that is so fuc*ed up again? Maybe I can help!!

Phil
PM me with details.

I bypassed the IAC because it idles high with either of the (I have 2) I figured it was a vac leac I know my IC tubes are totally sealed. the car had a hypertech chip in it and when I took it out it backfires and misses, etc. so I think the hypretech chip re burned the chips in the EEC and when I take it out, it seems like its looking for the hypertech chip to tell it what to do. there are air/furl ratio problems I think because with the chip in the check engine light comes on I get a code 511 and 522 and it seems slugish (it really hesitates when you punch it and it sometime sputters). With the chip removed, it misses and it almost seems like I am driving the car on 5 cylinders its that bad... it is very frusterating!

Back