timming chain cover

ZOOMBUGGY3

whats up guys i need to change my timming chain cover because it's leaking coolant.
im looking for any advice you guys may have that could help me out. how many of you guys have done this job.
does anyone sell a chrome timming cover for are cars.thanks any help is appreciated

The driver's side accessories...

All the Driver's side accessories and IC tubes need to come off to replace the timing cover gasket.

why would you want to chrome the timing cover? You can't see it when the engine is fully assembled anyways! Besides, only Checy guys like Chrome, Ford guys like polished aluminum!! (IMHO of course, don't want to offend any converts, you did the right thing coming to Ford!!, hehhe!!)

When you get the timing cover off, get it bead of sand blasted, or hot tanked. Then paint it a color of your choosing.

Phil

Just did my Timing chain last week. Becarefull of the one HEX head bolt behind the Oil pump, I ended up cracking my cover because of this bolt. You will also need a special torx bit for the distributer shaft (if this is what it is still called). I might be able to help if you have more questions.

Back