who will win...SC vs. 00 Firebird 3.8 5-speed

That One Guy

do u guys think my stock 93 SC Auto, will take my cousin's stock 00 Firebird with the 200 horse 3.8 and a 5 speed?

I think i will, but just thought i would make sure before i make a fool of myself.

Thanks for your time

Mike

i rode in his car yesterday and it feels faster then it really is....i think that ill take him.....but ill give him a try one of these days at the track and let u guys know how it turns out.

I raced a 2000 or newer Camaro at the track and he pulled on me off the line, but once he hit third gear it was all SC! i beat him by .3 and at first I thought my arse was going to get handed to me. Pretty quick car for a V6 but he won't beat you! At the time I had ported heads with stock exhaust so I know you can beat him! Oh by the way this was in the 1/8th mile...our cars don't really pick up speed in that short distance!

-Tim

My best friend probe lx with a 3.0 5 speed smoked one at the dragstrip he ran a 15.7, dont know what the firebird ran though. It makes you wonder if those cars are really making 200hp.

No Fear

He will be watching your tag all the time .........................

I race one with my 1992 SC stock ..

hehe, I dont know, but from a 70 punch, a 2000 camero (auto, 5speed?) cant hang with me, but they are rated at 200 HP, and my 93 auto with a K&N drop in filter PUT DOWN 199.6 hp and 269.7 ft/lbs. never raced from a dead stop tho...

we ran my friend's 3.8 5spd firebird on a g-tech shortly after he purchased it and we barely got it in the 17's, we figured he had some serious engine issues.<---and yes the g-tech is fairly accurate, my stock sc ran a 15.315 and my buddies mustang(94 gt with exhaust and cai) runs mid 14's. MPH isn't accurate but times are.

3.8L camaro's are good for high-mid 15's with an auto and low 15's with a 5speed, JUST like the 99+ 3.8L stangs (auto stangs are around 16 flat though.

re

I had a 96 camaro with 3.8 engine, ran it at the track....fastest time was a 16 flat. but.... I had about 200lbs of stereo in that car...custom box, 3 10'' JL W-6's, 2 PPI amps, the whole shabang.

Personally I think you'd run him, but /shrug

my friends ex girlfriend had a 2001 3.8 V6 and someone how ran a best of 14.9 and averaged about a 15.2 that night...it was automatic, total suprise

Think about it for a minute

OKay... first of all.. Camaros and Firebirds are two different weights... one's sheet metal... Camaro.. and the other's Fiberglass... firebird.. for the most part they're generaly the same... but the firebird is slightly faster than the camaro...

Secondly You're talking different weigt to power ratios... Firebirds are a different class than SC or civics, or integras... You're talking a tiny tin can with less horsepower.. BUT less weight. If you were to balance the weight/power ratio, then there wouldn't be an arguement, but since they're copletely different vehicles and weights and powers.... there's not any point in racing them.

Race your SC versus some little ricers, and then brag... but don't put a lightweightweight fighter in a middleweight class...

Damn... i"m an ***... thought this was Saturn Coupe.
My appologies.

Hrm.. hate to say it.... the SC could win..
1993 Ford Thunderbird SC - 3200 curb weight @ 225 HP
2000 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L - 3298 curb weight @ 200 HP

Only challenge is the shifting... if he's good at Manny tranny you're up for a good run..

:eek: OOPS!

Hey wildo83, where did you find that 3200 lb supercoupe? I want to buy it! hehehe. My 93 auto SC weighs 4030 with me, less than 1/4 tank, and 3 10' subs in the trunk!

oh yeah, and my buddies 98 firebird v6 is limited to 115 mph.

Last edited:
Wildo83 said:
OKay... first of all.. Camaros and Firebirds are two different weights... one's sheet metal... Camaro.. and the other's Fiberglass... firebird..

Both the Camaro and Firebird have fiberglass doors and hatch. They also have plastic fenders.

Back