I found My Problem!!!

mikey

I recently posted a thread on how I thought my fuel pump quit...well as it turns out I got wise and read some posts--there where some about the Harmonic Balancer and bolts. I took a look at mine and the center bolt for the HB snapped into 2!!!

I now consider myself pretty lucky because this happened in my parking lot, and not while I was rippen' around like usual!!!(I had nightmares last night about what if's):eek: :eek: :eek:

I have also posted a few threads on how I was getting a noise(sort of clattering)at or near WOT, I am suspecting now the two are tied together(i hope), but I got to fix this and see what i get!!!

Are there any (better)HB's available??? How could mine have failed like this?? Is this common in the SC?

I just hope I can get the other half of that damn bolt out today, and I'm keepin' my fingers crossed about that noise Iwas getting, I hope it goes away!!!

Thanks agian for all the Input!!!
For a guy who teaches himself(me), I find Input from others is one of the best ways to learn different angles on things!:D

mikey said:
Thanks alot!!!!!
I just called a Ford Dealership and they want almost $500.00 Canuck Bucks.....How do they sleep at night??????????:p

I would think the sleep VERY WELL. i know i would too if i charged that much and got people to pay it.

Back