HELP QUICK!?!?! Headgaskets Blew. Need Advice.

Kris

The headgaskets gave out today at lunch, and im in the process of replacing them. is there anything else i should do while i have the motor appart???

what parts do i need to order from the store? i know headgaskets(is there a good kind to buy while im at it?) and arp head bolts, but do i need anything else?

also, what should i use to clean all the oil/antifreeze out of my blower????

thanks for any help

oh yeah. i believe a cam or crank sensor may need to be replaced. the car has troubles starting, i crank it for like 10 secs and it starts sometimes, and other times i have to turn the key off then back on and crank. it usually takes at least 2-5 seconds to start on a good day?!?

where abouts are these sensors located also?

hmmm.

I used Fel-Pro gaskets and Head bolts. The Arp Bolts were not available I guess, or at least I couldn't get them. I got my stuff through Autozone. Have the heads decked to make sure there straight. I would guess cam sensor in the case of 2-5 second starts. And a cam sensor is only 29.99 from autozone also. Might as well change that AND your crank sensor (40-50 bucks) while your at it. Save you a lot of hassle later.

if it starts hard hot its 90% the injectors leaking, just buy any gasket set and a new set of bolts(all of them will work for at last a few years), unless you plan on keeping the car for a while, Lordco usually doesnt have the Fel-pros in stock in a head-set

I found the sullution for head gaskets. Im puting 97 f-150 4.2 v6 head gaskets on my SC. They match up perfect. They are solid metal and will not blow easily. If ya want here is the numbers. part #9250 PT
#9253 PT

Yes the late mode 4.2 liter multi-layered stainless steel ceramic coated gaskets are great, but if you don't have a fresh deck (smooth as possible) on your heads and engine block, they will leak. If you not rebuilding the engine, stick with the Felpro blues.

I know lots of people using the 4.2 gaskets and I was one of the first, so please believe what I'm telling you.

David

Back