Head Torq Specs.

Turbong2001

Help! Need Head Torq Specs.

I need the torq spec. and the pattern on the the head torq sequince. Please Help!!! :D

Last edited:
Do yourself a big favor and buy a Haynes repair manual at the auto parts store. It's full of info you need to do your own repairs. BTW, your going to need the same info for the intake manifold.

David

for the heads top row of number is the sequence for the top bolts and bottom on the row if the ones by the exhaust.

basically from the second set of bolts from the rear go top then bottom then the next set of bolts forward torque top then bottom. Then the rear bolts top and bottom then the front ones top and bottom. Then go to the next torque setting and do it over.

Front of engine 7-3-1-5
---------------8-4-2-6

For the factory bolts first 37lbs then 45 then 52 then 59
Then back off all bolts 2 to 3 turns.

Then one at a time in sequence tighten them to 48 - 55 lb ft then rotate an addtional 85 to 105 degrees. Then go to next bolt in series.

The way I read this you leave other bolts backed off the 2-3 turns until you get to it.

Like Dave said . Buy the manual that way you don't get it second hand. Do search here also.

to get the factory manual new for $59

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....dule=&mscsid=DG9NJGPCXRAU8KF7UHJ0C1TSANWW4MDC

I used ARP studs torqued 30 then 50 then 70 using the ARP moly lube.

Dave, I read in my charging thunder archive that the ARPs should be torqued to 75lbs. Should I take em up to 75? I am using the regular SC Fel Pro gaskets?

my engine is basically a stock rebuild with little bit of cam and roller rockers with ESM and Magnum powers induction with Kooks headers and free flowing exhaust. 42lb injectors too.

Thanks for all the great information you share.

Last edited:
Back