Ported 1995 Inlet or MP one?

DGernmann

I have a 94SC, stock for now, only exhaust done-- but getting a 5% pulley and the ZR motorsports CAI in a few weeks

Should I go with a ported and polished 1995 intake plenum for $200 or a MP one. I know I will get more flow from the MP one but its pricey..

I was planning in the future to port the blower. I read that the blower should be ported too to get the best flow with a new plenum, am I wasting my time if I do not have the Supercharger ported and install the plenum?

Thanks for your help guys.

Drew

Drew,

The MP plenum probably isn't going to help much now, but as you do more and more mods (especially heads and cam) the stock plenum will soon become a bottlekneck. Even when ported the stock plenum can only be opened to about 65mm in diameter. So don't expect to feel much from installing a fresh air intake, larger TB and MAF.

Get the MP inlet now and you will be glad later. It was one of the last parts I added to my car and it made a huge differince.

David

Thanks

David,

Thanks for the info. Seems for now I am better off spending the money on something else. Checked your ride and all I can say is DAMN, thats a nice setup you got... wanna trade cars? LOL. Appreciate the knowledge, thanks again!

Back