overssized valves ?

blown north

HI I have the heads in the machine shop. I want to put oversized valves but nobody has done it in my city. If anyone could help me out with sizes and maufactures #'s also what other hp parts you are using ie: rockers, push rods, cams thank you very much appreciated! ps did a search put not enough specific information came up

oversized valves

I put 1.6" exhaust and 1.84" intake valves in my heads.
I've heard that if you go much bigger, you will be shrouded by the cylinder and the combustion chamber. It's a good idea to unshroud them in the combusion chamber anyway.

The small block chevy valves have the same stem diameter and are real close to the same height. I bought Manley Race Flo undercut chevy exhaust valves and chevy stainless undercut (not name brand) intake valves. Manley doesn't make a 1.84" valve in the right height. You will have to mess with pushrod length and rocker shims to get the valvetrain geometry right.

Also, 1.6" exhaust valves will require a bigger valves seat. If you want to save a bunch of money, go with 1.54" exhaust and keep the stock seats.

Back