throttle bodys

Charkly

Heres the deal-im looking at changing the throtte body on my car, as whoever modified the linkage did bad job and it doesnt work well. i want to know if i should bother getting another 75mm, or just go with the 70mm. is there an advantage-ill be getting the fmic and the magnaport ii soon, as well as a raised top-i have headers, true duals with h pipe, 10 blower pulley, underdrive pulleys, 76mm c&l, and plan on doing a ton of other mods-what do you guys think is good iea, and where did everyone get theres-as well as a price-

also

the reason i ask is that in the faq section it says the 70mm is recomended, and bigger is overkill.

me too,,

i was reading that too about the 75 being overkill.... but if you look at it, it's not much more for the 75mm. go to www.mn12performance.com they sell the 70 and 75mm, the 75 is only 10 bucks more.. might as well do it. it sold for 260 plus 7 shipping there, cheapest ive seen. or there's some people on here who have bought a mustang TB and did a little mod to get the linkage right... it's cheaper... but im still just gonna go with the SC 75 TB off of that site. good luck-
Damon

I put a 75mm C&L MAF,BBK throttle body 75mm,3in cold air,SCP exhaust.
It is a 1990 auto .It pull 221.0RWHP &331.9RWTQ.

I added the MPII,MP plenum. It then pulled 250.7RWHP

Stock motor. The last pull it was very hot that day ,so the HP number were down
so if you are doing this mod the 250.7 should be minumin HP number.

You have a 75mm with a messed up linkage?????
If so I would be happy to purchase it off of you if its not irrepairable.

And randy what kind of 1/4 are you runnin???

Hey while you guys are on the TB subject, I've read that if you install the BBK 70mm TB, you have to elongate the holes on the TPS, and adjust it to make up the difference between where it sits on an OEM TB vs the BBK. Can anyone elaborate a bit more on this....like after elongating the mounting holes which direction would you adjust it, and how much? I have the info on the TB & AIC as far as meter readings go, but since I installed the BBK, my milage, & performance kinda suck, not to mention it's running quite rich as evident by the carbon build up on the tops of the tailpipes. Any help would be great. I just need to get this situation straightened out once and for all! BTW, it's a 1990 with a Mac CAI, 70mm MAF from a 93 SC with the sensor from the 90, custom 2-1-2 2-1/2" exhaust.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Back