sc smelly problem

Noe

i have a problem with my 89sc when i accelerate hard at about 8 psi it smells inside the car like burned oil or burned smoke something like that. if someone knows what the problem is please email me back or post a thread.
thanks, noe

Try an air freshener ;) JK maybe an exhaust leak, I have no clue, maybe you are sweating becuase of the extreme power of the SC :-D

Look for oil being leaked from somewhere (oil cap, dipstick) and being dripped onto hot surfaces (exhaust). Also look for SC leaks. Does your car have any other abnormal symptoms?

my car smells like burnt oil when I put the heat on or vent, but thats because i spilt some oil when filling it up and lol 5months later it still smells, I should get around to degreasing.

I'd suspect a PVC valve if you are only getting it under boost, or, is your belt slipping at all?

Thomas

i have the same slightly smelly problem when i boost hard. only for like a full gear. i've checekd everything. jsut seems to be one of those things. i figured maybe it was dust. im going to recheck my PVC vavle. but other than that im lost too. love my bird tho. good luck. if you figure out what it is PM me. steve.

Back