GOT MY COBRA R'S and BFG KDWS!!! love them!!!!!!!

SCboost

Got my silver 17X9 cobra r rims on. and i got 255/45/17 BFG KDWS's wrappin the cobras up. i love them. its like bein on rails times 10! i think i will grip better in the rain with these tires better than my old ones in the dry. i had firestones that were on it when it was stock. NO tires noise. and i can pull through corners in 3rd gear now instead of 2nd and that is not even pushin my car to tis limits. i don't like REALLY pushing it because i can't find any wide corners that aren't blind. that way if things go wrong i have plenty of time to correct it or slow down. i would post pictures but i don't know how to use webspace yet. can't figure it out. oh well. "happy birding". steve.

I agree

Steve,
I agree with you on the BFG's. I am on my second set of BFG 225/55ZR-16 G-Force tires. I have them mounted on the origional rims and peeps in here told me they wouldn't work or that they would "cup" badley. Well, they don't "cup" and man do they handle :D ...P.S. NEVER!, EVER!, put firecrones on your car..that is if you value your life..

Happy Birding,
Rick in FL :cool:

That whole Firestone crap was stupid. I am willing to bet that everyone of those roll overs were caused from dumb drivers trying to cut the wheel hard and get off to the side of the road. Two companies took explorers from 25-85 in 10 MPH incraments and then blew the air out of the tire and guess what nothing happend. At one point they even took their hands off the wheel and blew the air out and still no roll over.

Rollover

Never saw a SC rollover...But I have seen Firecrones peel like rotten banana's...The rubber is also too hard so they handle like $h!t:D
Rick in FL:cool:

Attachments

• somewhereintexas-1.jpg
    somewhereintexas-1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 281
Always liked firestones and bridgestones..Goodyears sucked besides for handeling and BFG always seemed to wear to quickly....Currently I;m running Goodyear F1's on my stang and I love them..Also just put some kumhos on my SC..Ill let you guys know how they work out..But for 100 a tire 255/45ZR17..I dont think Ill be complainng too much haha

I got really good where out of my Kuhmo Ecsta Supra's I had 245-50-16's. They suck in adverse conditions though. And they are smaller than any other tire brand of the same size.

Tire wear

Yea that is the draw back to the BFG's they do wear fast....Because the rubber is soft..thats one reason they handle so well too...and they also run about $100.00 ea. So in the end I guess it's just a matter of preference:D

Rick in FL:cool:

Attachments

• dogyears.jpg
    dogyears.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 271
Yeah I knew how much teh uhmos are I have a set of those, but I was Curious about the BFG's. But now ic why they were cheaper, they were smaller.

Congrat's SCBoost

Ive got the same, except mine are labeled ZR's. They aren't cheap and do wear faster, but the performance is worth it! :D

Lee

I just wish Kumho made a Ecsta 712 in 255/50/17 or 245/50/17 so I can keep the same ride height and comfort. Is there an alternative to these in that size and price?

I've always liked the Michelin Pilot tires myself. Used to run Michelin MXV-4's on my 89 SC, and loved them.

A couple of quick observations:

The 255/45/17 BFG ZR's make for only 0.27" lower and the ride with the stock shocks is not harsh. I've never used Kumho's so can't comment there.

But, I have used Michelin Pilot's and they're pretty hard. Slippery, especially in rain. If you're looking for long life, they're not bad.

Lee

Last edited:
I just got through using a set of Michelin Pilot's 225/60ZR16's. Bought 3/21/98 to 5/31/03. Had over 45k on them. GREAT TIRE! Paid 500 out the door from discount tire. Was very pleased with them and now I have Toyo's FZ4's 245/50/16's (because I thought it was a really good deal) for just under 490 out the door. We'll see if they are any good. Same tread wear rating (300) and traction and temperature as the pilot's (A's).

Back