89 blower rebuild question

ZOOMBUGGY3

i read a article on rebuilding the 89 blower. and it mention something about heating and frezzing some parts. whats the deal with that? cant u just press the new bearings in.just like when u do wheel bearings.

89 blower rebuild

Yep, I've tried it both ways and I like using the press best. If the hot/cold install doesn't seat all of the way, you'll need to use a press anyway. Good luck

well im not to big on the hot/cold thing either i think ill press them in.
another question? does ford sell any of the bearings or seals if so do anyone of u know part #'s.
or can i get tem at the local parts stores.
now im going to be porting the blower out allso so is their a link with pics on how much to cut out.

89 blower rebuild

No, Ford doesn't have any of the parts nor do they do any servicing for the blowers and thats why so many are messed up. The manual says that it is not servicable and they took that to mean that you don't even add SC oil. My bearings in the snout ran dry of oil and started rattling so I had to rebuild it myself a few years ago. I have a supplier that gets me the parts and have rebuilt several and supplied lots of others with the parts over the years. There are a couple of other guys that also sell the parts but I think mine cost more because I use the best seal which is a lot more expensive. Good luck

Here is the link.

Absolutely right

no doubt about it...besides who the hell want's ford touching thier car anyway:D ..They screwed it up enough at the factory;)

Rick in FL:cool:

Attachments

• 93sc_lside.jpg
    93sc_lside.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 204
well first off ill never let ford touch my car .and secound im a mechanic and do all my own work.i just wanted to know if the sold any bearings or seals for the blower.

i have seen pics on how much to cut off the blower when porting but i cant find the link anymore does anyone have pics.

Originally posted by ZOOMBUGGY3
well first off ill never let ford touch my car .and secound im a mechanic and do all my own work.i just wanted to know if the sold any bearings or seals for the blower.

i have seen pics on how much to cut off the blower when porting but i cant find the link anymore does anyone have pics.
Not to sound disrespectful but there's no one way to port a blower. If you do a search through the Tech section you'll find plenty of pics of ported blowers but be careful when you pick up that grinder, very easy to ruin aluminum. If you want someone to do yours email me and we can discuss blending the radius etc on your blower.

As far as parts goes, I keep seals on the shelf. See my 4-sale page in my sig below.

'bird

tbird88 thanks for the reply and the warning. but its just a little bit to late. i allready rebuilt it replaced the 2 snout bearings and front seal. what i meant about porting it was that i opened the inlet side and the outlet side of the blower.i have not installed it in my car yet im waiting to go for my inspection. ca n explain to me alittle about ur little warning. oh man i hope i didnt mess up a perfectly good blower.i am a auto technicain but i dont know much about the blower to be porting it. i just went by the post that i read and the pics.

Back