Air Cond. Coil...

cudaz101

I have a 94SC with a bad A/C COIL and FORD says that the pump has been phased out therefore they have no more parts for them. I go yo NAPA and they get me 2 coils and they are both the wrong one...I am also told that ford had three or more styles types or whatever pumps that they used on the Tbirds in 94 so it is hard to narrow it down to what I have...

Are there any AC Gurus out there that can visibley tell what pump I have?

94SCafterpix009.jpg

94SCafterpix015.jpg

Thanks in advance..

Brad

Looks like your run-of-the-mill FS-10 or FX-15. The FX15 wasn't used much after 1989, I think it was the weaker of the 2 models. Not sure about the FS10 after 91 either. Sorry I can't be of more help. The coils aren't that special and a used one from any model should work. The SC as you know has the 8rib pulley, so keep that in mind if you look at any used ones, they might have made it thicker than the coil for the 6 rib model.
Are you sure its just the coil? Can you turn the innards by hand and are you getting voltage at the connector?

Thanks

Yes I have good voltage from the harness, and yes the coil is wider than the others...I have been given two differant coils now to no avail...I think I may have found the one I need as it is listed for the "SC"...In finding this I also found alot of bad press out there on the FX15 compressor...Oh well it is what I got, and yea the pump turns normal...I had an AC shop take a look and diagnose for me and they claim it to be the coil...If I finally get a coil I can see if they are correct...

THanks again

Brad

Back