Stang Calipers

DrewsSC

Hey guys, I want to upgrade my front brakes to the Stang calipers but I'm curious as to which year and model is directly compatible w/ my 93 SC. Thanks in advance!

-Drew

94 - 98 Mustang calipers will be the same as what you already have ... for an upgrade, you want to pick up a pair of the 99 - up Mustang V6 or GT calipers, brackets and pads. They will bolt directly to your 93 - up spindles, and fit the stock SC rotor diameter correctly as well.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Yes - they are alum. PBR twin piston calipers (an Australian manufacturer derived from Brabbam's old company Repco). Anyway you will have to grind down the caliper casing on one side (passenger I recall) to accept the stock banjo bolt. I did mine last year and got 'salvaged' calipers (with pads, frames & hardware ) from crashed Mustangs, sold by "mustangparts.com" for $100 set. If you get then from Ford, even with discount it's gonna be atleast $300+ - as you need the calipers, caliper brackets, pads & clips (not all pads come with the clips). There used to be a very good article on the TCCOA site about the installation.

Back