ac /conpresser ????

Aztec92

A/C conpresser question
hey all would anybody know if the ac conpresser goes out will it make any noise or make a knocking sound?? and would i have to change the whole part or can i change the front gear pully, thats what i think mine is doing the front metal piece is not moving as i start the car....thanks

Last edited by Aztec92 on 06-02-2003 at 03:52

Clutch & Coil

Well, the outer plate is the fwd piece of the clutch. The inner part of the clutch "Where the Belt rides" has a bearing in it that rides on the AC pump shaft. The coil mounts on the pump body and sits inside of the pulley. It is pretty simple to take apart...If the pump is froze up then your options are now pretty limited for repair "Get a New One"...I am currently having problems finding the proper coil replacment for my 94 pump. If your AC is off and you think that it is making all the noise you describe then it would have to be the bearing in the clutch housing. If it is making the noises when the ac is on then maybe the pump is froze and when the clutch engages it make hella sounds...I dunno..

good luck with your prob....

Brad

hey brad yeah that sounds about right im just going to swap out the thing for a new one...thanks for the info...

Back