Chromed SC Rims?

now a tbird guy

Anyone know about how much it would cost to clean, strip, and chrome a set of stock SC rims?

I like the look of the rims and think they would look great chromed. I would have 2 sets, 1 set chromed for summer and 1 set original for the rest of the year.

If you look on eBay you can find some good deals on stock SC rims. I'm looking for a set for my 90 if anyone is located in the northeast and wants to sell a set.

Thanks

Here's another idea i just thought of.

Will chrome hold up better and last longer than polishing a spare set of rims myself?

Polishing would take a little bit of time but i would be willing to do it since it would probably be cheaper than chrome. Can you clear coat the polished rims also?

I saw a set of chromed wheels at Carlilse this year
I talked to the owner he said 85 bucks a wheel plus shipping to California. They looked really good with exception to some bubbling going on which he has to send all 4 rims back to California to get fixed
I have seen them polished and in my opinion the polished rims look better if it is done right.

do now sand blast these rims it will ruin them
hope that helps some

Try contacting a company in Cleveland Ohio called Custom Chrome. I have seen many jobs that they have done. Their "low grade" chrome is better than most places "show grade" chrome.

Good luck

the one sc i bought used came with nice stock sc rims chromed they looked good for about 2 years now they look like junk i like the other car way better with stock paint they still look like new

Last edited:
Back