Would a dirty IAC cause funny idle?

layinthesmack31

hey guys
my car seems to idle a little jumpy at certain times and what it does is it idles really low like it is gonna stall but it doesnt stall. then after a few mins it will go back to idling normal. it used to only do this at a stop but lately i have noticed that it seems almost cut out when i accelerate but again it goes back to normal. i have recently changed the cam sensor so that isnt it and i was talking to someone and they told me that if the IAC is dirty it would cause these problems. so i am wondering how i go about cleaning it and if u guys even think this may be the problem. I also have had the check engine light come on and it will stay on for a few minutes and go off but the car is running fine then. i dont know what this is about and i dont know how to pull codes so any advice there would also help. please offer any advice u have. thanks alot :)
Matt

If the check engine light is on, pull what codes the car is throwing! Then check the manual for what code it is! That would be my best guess!

how do i pull the codes? i dont have a clue on how to do that. and can i only pull them when the check engine light is on? because it goes on and off. it only stays on for about 2 mins each time. thanks

Matt

Back