She's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!! Again...

phils89sc

Well, I just completed yet another round of issue with my SC. The only problem left (for now...) is to replace the broken/melted catalytic convertor (actually, I got 2 high flows to go in with custom down pipes) that went out when the #4 cylinder wasn't firing. This caused unburned fuel to go into the cat and fried it (the heat from it melted my clutch hydraulic cable).

Many thanks to all for the help!! And thanks to AsScLoWn
for the suggestion on how to fix the clutch hydraulic line. Saved me about $87.00 from ford (for a plastic tube!! What a rip!!)

Phil

Cool.. So, did fixing the injector and the cat fixed your running problem? Just curious, if the injector wasn't firing, how did unburned fuel get into the exhaust? Back when my DIS had me running on 4 cylinders, I'm sure the injectors kept on going, but I don't think I had a problem with the cats.. maybe I'd better get them checked.

Well

it was hot enough to melt my plastic hydraulic clutch line which was about 6" or so away from the cat. I'd say that was pretty damn hot.

I am getting from the cats to the collectors replaced/upgraded this coming weekend. I will let you know the condition of the stuff after I get it all done

Thanks

Phil

Back