Water/Alchy Injection result

kuhnga

After talking with several people that use it and have had good results(mustang) my system consisted of the following:

100psi pump (shurFlo)
Little aluminum tank
Nitrous solenoid
Pressure switch
Braided lines and the atomizing nozzle.
PS set at 6 psi

I started the dyno without the injection and had a good tune after the 4th pull(340rwhp) with 27 deg of timing.

5th pull w/ injection, as expected, HP droped to 333rwhp

6th pull w/ injection and 31 deg of timing 339

7th pull w/ injection and 31 deg of timing 340

Not very encouraging results but I was only expecting 10-15rwhp
I was going to do thje dyno at the show on Saturday(20degrees cooler) but the rain and the setup was not appealing.
I have a dual tune in the car now so I will dyno with the alchyon a cold run to see if it helps.

CO2 spray failed me again spraying only air with a freshly filled bottle. I will be contacting DEI or having another place fill it, after that it will be used on my beer keg.
Gary

Last edited:
Gary I used teh alchy water injection on my whipple charged stang..You are most likely dumping too much alchy..Try a smaller jet size..Also try just water...And what alchy are you using?

Damon,

The guy at Snow Performance told me they just recommend windsheild wiper fluid and gave me the name of a couple brands with a 50/50 water to methonal mix. This way your mix will be the same everytime. Unfortunilty I could not find that brand and used some that also contained methonal, not sure the ratio.

I do have smaller nozzles I can try, do you have any nozzle suggestions?

It was good to met you Saturday, I only have a 93 manual and 91 auto EEC left

methanol

watch the methanol, I've heard that you can get some crud build up from it. Surf some of the Grand National Boards, many of them are using alky and methanol. I have an alky kit also, but have yet to intstall it.
mark

Hey Gary..Your most likely getting way too much injected...Ive treid the windowwasher fluid and it worked just fine I'm unsure how that kit adjusts flow but hav eyou ever checked to see if the alchy is being properly atomized???..And at what boopst level is it turning on at?..Shouldnt be comming on till high boost At least over 10 if not more..Keep playing with it

About the C02, What kind of bottle are you using? If it doesn't have a siphon tube then it won't work unless you turn it upside down. You need to spray Liquid C02 so you get the phase change.

Jeff

good win

Glad to see you win at the meet as well as having your pictures on the SCCOA SITE...................FAST FREDDIE:D :D :D

Back