Tranny Rebuid....These decent parts?

MysticGohan51

ok guys....i have no idea about brand names for tranny's....now i don't need real expensive stuff.....i just want stuff that should last a good amount of time like as long as i own the car lol....first off i was thinking about getting a TRANSGO TRANSMISSION SHIFT KIT...has anyone heard of this before and is it any good....also the tranny rebuild kit has BORG WARNER CLUTCHES....is that a good brand....i really need to know this info relatively quick....so if anyone can tell me it'd be very appreciated....i AM going to beat on this car every now and then lol its a SC i have to.....but are these decent parts to put in my car.....like i said i don't need anything heavy duty i just heard that it helps to have a shift kit in your car since it helps for the automatic...thanks again guys......

Don

Don,
Why is your tranny being rebuilt? Did you lose OD? I went a little on the HD side for my tranny. I have TransGo shift kit which I recommend. I also used Red Alto clutches which a stronger than stock replacements. I do not think they are too much more than stock replacements. I would recommend a stronger OD band. You can use a Kelvar band or Red Alto band. I also used stronger steel plates. I also changed my converter to non lock up. You do not need to do this unless you plan on racing. Definitely check your stock converter for ballooning. If it is balloning, change it before it pushes your crank out.
Later
Ken

Yes, Transgo and Borg Warner make very good stuff. I would consider them the 'premium' of stock replacement parts.

well i can tell something is definately wrong with my tranny....always shifted bad going in gear around the 45-50mph mark....also....sometimes its starts like shuttering really bad...so something is wrong....i figure doing this now would be a good idea anyways because then the tranny will be all better lol....and i don't plan on racing persay....but i will go against my bro in his car lol....just want everything to be decent before that happens....

Back