Helpful Info....

• Thread starter Distinguished Dat2k1
  • Start date
D

Distinguished Dat2k1

Helpful Info....

If anyone is interested, I have aquired a Ford T-Bird/Cougar/SC Reapir manual, you know the big ass thick ones found at the Ford Dealerships and cost big bucks. It's for 1991 models but I'm sure most of the information in it is relevant for later models.

Anyways, to my point, if anyone has any problems that they cannot diagnose you can e-mail me with your problem and i could send you back step-by-step testing procedures to help diagnose any problems providing it is covered in the manual. It is going to be a big help in uncovering my ABS problem which has been looked at by a mechanic who does not work for free and I can't afford for him to locate the problem. I think there is something like 58 different tests i have to perform with pass/fail instructions on what to do next.

Just let me know if you need test procedures and I will gladly either type them out or scan the relevant pages to help you solve the problem and keep your SC\Cougar on the road for a lot cheaper than any mechanic diving in under your hood.

tranny pictures

Just wondering if at all possible you could send me a schematic of a M5R2 manual tranny (exploded view).

Thanks and if not, well not a big deal.

Kevin

Re: tranny pictures

How much do those books retail for?

Thanks,

Re: tranny pictures

Bill,

I have no idea what they go for, my girl's grandfather gave it to me, but when I owned an AUDI, the books were upwards of $250...not cheap

x

Are you talking about the Service Manual written by Ford? I bought my 1996 manual from the publisher in Mississauga. It was around $50.

yes

it is the same book, didn't know the price on it because i never priced it out. it was given to me. thats a huge step down from what the AUDI dealership wanted for one when I owned that magnificent car (ahhhh, memories of my AUDI....door hadles broke on a regular basis.....scrap yards didn't have them.....power window motor broke, TWICE! $750 a pop.....MaCPherson struts replaced almost every damn year.....front pads replaced as often as the struts, usually at the same time......having to entitle the car to a trust fund to afford parts........BUT IT HAD HEATED SEATS, only the passenger side worked though....5 cylinders, always an extra spark plug, too bad my lawnmower took a different size.....@#%$, I could go on and on and on but this is a SC forum, not a BITCH ABOUT THE AUDI FORUM.

But the fact still remains....AUDI IS STILL MY FAVORITE CAR, anything in the "S" series would be nice.

WHOA.....DID I EVER GO OFF TOPIC......LOL

Back