Check engine light with MagPowers Boltons...EGR...

Mike Manzo

Well I strapped it all on and I get the evil orange light of doom...

Dammit

Anyway, it comes back to code 322 (or 332 i forgot) which ties out to "EGR Airflow Insufficient"

Ok, I hate that @#%$ thing with a passion since I could not get the bolt off that is behind everything. Then, on top of that, the gasket is screwed so I cant reuse it if I wanted to...

So I use RTV. Same crap that sealed everything else and works fine, but I hope none ended up inside this thing, but I was careful with it none the less...

My questions are:

Will this hinder performance? Retard timing, etc?

Anyone with MPII setup have this problem?

Should I scrape the gasket maker off and get a new metal gasket?

Can the EGR be eliminated and EEC-Tuned out?

Is my EEC Tune maybe screwing up the EGR?

What is on that bracket behind the inlet plenum/intake that has the wires coming out of some kind of unit (I really dont know what the hell that is). It is no longer bolted to the inlet and is bent downward a bit now, but not disconnected or anything.

ANY input would be nice. Im gonna look through my Ford super manual from hell on CD and see if I can figure out some things, but any help would be nice.

EGR is for emissions.

If you have a tuner, it can be disabled. Take it off, plug the exhaust and put a plate over the intake. Done.

Oh, and I've used Ultra Grey RTV on my EGR gasket (it's on the block off plate. My 91 5spd never had EGR) and I've had it on/off 4-5 times with all the blower swaps. It's never leaked yet. Just a thin coat smeared around should do the trick.

Back