Hard Brakes?

blown11

The other day my brakes started acting up. About every 10minutes when I go to push the brakes the peddle will not budge, I have to push it with all my power to slow/stop the car. Then I push it a few times, then It works perfect again for about 10more minutes. Anyhelp?

One thing you might want to check is the Brown ABS Relay on the passenger side firewall. If it sticks closed the ABS Pump motor will run continously for about 10 minutes then trip on thermal overload. Stay off until the motor cools then restart until tripping again.

First, replce the ABS relay on the pass side firewall, its a cheap part and you can do it yourself in a few minutes. If that don't fix it then its probably your ABS accumulator, more money. Good luck

Only the base of the relay is brown. Ford still sells it. Autozone sells a Sorenson replacement (SP 120 I think is the part number) that also works.

Well....there are multiple relays attached directly to the passenger side firewal just to the rear and a little bit inboard of the shock tower. What year SC are we discussing by the way? If a 94-95 forget it...different animal.

its an 89, all I see behind the shock tower is the code reader hookup and 1 other hookup thing kinda like it.

The other hook up is for testing the EVO Steering System (Variable Assist). You are getting warm but look on the firewall and a little bit inboard. There should be a bracket mounted to the firewall with two relays in holders of the bracket. Most likely black topped rectangular cube shapped.Not 6" from where you noted the other connectors you mentione. They are no more that an inch or 2 down from the top of the firewall and the plastic cowl.

Where are you located? Maybe another owner can help you out.

Back