what is this called HELP!!

blksc

The cooland hose that is connected to the intake manifold on the left handside(passenger) side of the engine. It looks to be part hose, and part metal tubing

This sounds like the hose that connects your intake to the engine thru the PCV Valve.Does it go to the back of the intake tube to the blower.This is the one that i am talking about!

It looks like your heater hose. You should be able to follow it back to the passenger side firewall, where it connects to the heater core.

-Rod

HMm heater hose.. sounds good to me, now does this hose off of at the silver bracket or do i have to buy the entire assembly ?

It's a one piece and very expensive from Ford if your replacing it. Is your hose busted? Just cut off the pressed clamp and buy a angled hose and clamp.

Yes my hose developed a small crack in it today. Hmm i wonder how much this hose is... anyhow.. where would i cut the hose ??

The sensor you saw is the cold lockout switch for the Climate Control System. It prevents the blower from blasting you with cold air when you need heat and have just started the car. Once coolant temp rises to like 130 degrees or so then the fan can run since your system will blow warm air at least.

It's easy, stick a rag in your TB, use a grinder on that metal clamp that connects the rubber hose to metal hose, take it to a parts store and get a hose to match and a standard hose clamp. Don't forget to purge your coolant after you top it off (that yellow valve).

If I was training someone to work on autos, I would use the SC as a test block. When your done, you can say that you know how to replace or maintain every part on a car. :D

these cars are a mixed blessing. sometimes i just have to wonder what the hell ford was thinking about.. but then i remember that ford owns a business, and they are trying to turn a profit.

Hey i look at it like this, they are charging me 78 dollars to remove the part and put it on.. it cost me 200 bucks a day when i miss work.

i have a heater hose related question.......does the metal section in the picuture above go around the back of the engine and attatch directly to the heater core? Or is there another rubber section back there like on most cars. I can't see anything its so crowded, and i was wanting to change ALL my coolant hoses. I would hate to think i changed all of them only to have the one i missed blow out in the middle of nowhere when i'm on a roadtrip or something..........i think i've found all the coolant hoses but if someone can tell me where they all are i'd appreciate it. (i have '90 by the way) Thanks!

There are two rubber hoses that connect to the heater core on your passenger side firewall. One of them comes from that pipe/hose that this thread is all about. Be extremely careful if you are going to change them, if you stress the heater core at all when removing/replacing them, you'll be pulling out your dash to replace it too.

-Rod

Back