SC kills 911 Carrera

MKTSC

*disclaimer* i am in no way claiming that my car is faster than a porsche 911!

hey guys havent posted in awhile, but i just HAD to post this. i was on the way back from meeting some family members (one of which is an SC owner). so i'm getting on the freeway and the 2 lanes on the onramp are merging into one. so i see what i thought at the time was a Porsche Boxter, flying up on my *** trying to pass me. so i move to the middle of the lane and hammer it. we stay dead even, and i even inch ahead a bit. at this point i'm PUMPED because i just ran a Porsche and didnt get my *** handed to me. so i slow down and it passes, and i see that it's a 911 carrera convertible!! the driver must be about 300lbs, and his wife was probably 175-200. the car was also an automatic. so we both gun it, and he pulls a bit on me. after we go on our ways, this guys being a real *** in traffic, so i decide to catch back up and play some more. we're cruising, i'm in the left lane, he's in the right, and he floors it. he got the jump on me and continues to pull, waving bye-bye out the window to me. right as we start to even up, we are rolling into a gradual right turn, and he cuts ahead of me into the outside lane. i pull the ol' slingshot on him and cut tight around the turn, and blow right by him, waving out the window to him. the lanes straighten up and i'm still pulling. i'm extatic at this point. so i give him the finger and slow down, and he pulls up next to me and rolls his window down.

he says: "yeah well it's still a peice of ****!"
immediately i start laughing and pointing at this guy. he getts real mad and says "let me tell you about your mother" real good one buddy. i say oh yeah??? and he takes off, manhood severly shrunken.

so i have come to the conclusion that i am the luckiest man alive. i happened to come across a 98? or so 911 convertible (heavy) automatic, with about 500lbs of rolling weight in it, and happened to run it at a speed where i could accel. my car isnt faster than a 911, but a kill's a kill. believe it or not, take it or leave it, my 94 SC auto, with flowmasters, no cats, 5%, and intake, beat a 911.

cheers
-matt

Depending on the year it might have only had around 280 HP or 300, but good kill none the less.

turd

that guy sounds like a jerk to call your car a piece of s**t. but just to hear that an SC beat a porsche.... sounds really nice. awesome!
-damon

What's with giving him the finger? That's lame ricer behavior, what does it say, yeah I just beat you and I'm going to be immature about it? Just be smug, you know you beat him, he knows you beat him, his wife knows you beat him...

Hey Matt, it's good to see you around, I'd come afraid you'd gone and bailed on us and bought a Nissan or something. LOL

Nice Kill!

Must be a mid-west thing, I'd be too concerned about getting shot here in AZ (or Cali - actually, or Texas for that matter) to even think about giving somebody the finger.

Good kill though! :) and if your car is a POS, wonder what that makes his car that you just whooped??

Paul

Rob Noth said:
What's with giving him the finger? That's lame ricer behavior, what does it say, yeah I just beat you and I'm going to be immature about it? Just be smug, you know you beat him, he knows you beat him, his wife knows you beat him...

sorry the way i depicted the story, i left out a few details. the reason i cought back up to him, was because he was being an *** in traffic. he was swerving and such, and cut off a semi and old lady, almost making her swerve off the road. i gave him the bird, because he was waving bye bye tauntingly, and generally being a dick. beleive me i dont give the finger to just anyone, but this guy DEFINATELY deserved it. sorry, i realize that i sounded like the jerk!

and dave, yeah i havent been around in awhile, but still got my SC and love it plenty. it's sitting under a cover where it belongs. i have an 89 mustang 4-banger that i'm driving around as a daily driver. i picked up an 88 turbo coupe motor and ECU for less than 400 bucks, and am swapping them in next week. should make a 14 second car for less than 500 bucks (free car). i'll be around. we need to do another ohio mini meet!

take care all
-matt

Nice kill Matt. I love those kind, the ones that you should really be able to beat, but you do. Or just the times when you make a guy driving a 50,000-100,000 car go "WTF did I spend all of this money" when he is not able to shake you off of his a$$.

-Steve

yeah, the Carrera's are between 13.7 and 14.5 depending on what year. The newest ones are slightly faster.

Matt - knowing the details, it sounds like the finger was well deserved! I didn't mean to say that there is never an occasion for that, with some people there is just nothing else you can do. Although I agree with Paul, usually I just let it go because you never know when some a-hole might have a gun in the car.

Back