help quickly, supercharger fluid

Tazer999

What can I use in place of it? Someone said redline power steering fluid but is there different kinds of it?

hmm..

I called the dealer once, and they told me the computer said it was the equvilent of Fully synthetic motor oil (like mobil 1). But I have also heard you should use JUST SC fluid. So go figure.

Aight, I put the fluid in, started the car and it all came flyin back out. I guess I blew the seal in the sc snout, :(

Use an impact gun to remove the S/C pulley nut. Use a good 3 jaw puller. Two jaw pullers can bend the pulley. Somebody to tap on the back of it with a block of wood and a hammer as you increase tension on the puller will help. Remove the woodruff key (it's tight), then the wire seal retainer. If it is the original seal it will look like an aluminmum washer in there. It's not, it's part of the seal. Pop a couple of wood screws through it, not too far then use pliers to pull on the screws and pull the old seal out.
CR Seal 7966 or 7968 will work. The 7968 is the better seal as it is a double lip seal made from viton. The aluminum piece is molded inside the new seal. Carefully drive the new seal in and re-aseemble. Go to a GM dealer and two bottles of their Supercharger oil will do the trick. The GM stuff is cheaper than the Ford stuff.
Good Luck. You can do this on the car and it should only take about an hour. The S/C oil gets filled to the bottom of the threads on the fill plug.

Back