Bored... Bored... Bored... :-)

plev72

So, have I mentioned that my karaoke job hasn't given me hours in 3 weeks? Let me count the ways that that stinks. Sent resumes to all the local head hunters... got a bight <MAYBE> would involve moving to the end of the earth <again!> though <sigh> guess we'll see, could be worth while, have to call tomorrow.

ANYWAY!

So my point was (just in case you missed it because I haven't gotten around to saying it yet):

Any ideas on how to trump up more local interest in the Arizona Club? I know there are at least 5 of us (probably at least 5 of us on the this board), how come we get such an enormous lack of responses? Any ideas on how to recruit more members? As it is we are going to lose Rich to the California crew sooner or later...

Hmm...
Paul

I got an e-mail from a guy named Thomas in Avondale with some interest. I'll e-mail him again. So where is "the end of the earth"? Won't be 'till next April or so 'till I head back to no.cal. Lets try to all get together in a couple of weeks. Someplace with A/C.

Sierra Vista if it works out, I'm doing a bit of counting my chickens though, have to call the guy tomorrow for more info and to see about interviewing and what not. Getting a phone call is always a good start though.

Paul

Your forum is almost as exciting as ours up here in the northern half of Calif. The weather up here lately reminds me of my days down in Yuma. Maybe that has something to do with the lack of enthusiasm.

Have a good day.

Mark

Paul, If you just want a paycheck and don't mind warehousing type stuff (pool industry) I can probably hook you up , but you of course are way way way way way way over qualified,like i said if you need a paycheck.........

Jeff

How about a meet?

Hwycoper....I have asked Jimmy Demmitt if he 2would go with me to meet the AZ group and he is all for it. How about we meet in Vegas???

$$$ I don't mind be overqualified for a job, problem is they tend not to pay enough to make it worthwhile :-(

well, what is the minimum hourly you can do ? At least if i know that morsel of info ,i can tell you if we are in the same ballpark.

I'm sure the company i work for pays more than karaoke though:D

You'd be surprised... the company is trying to pic up a new venue... and if they get it, and if I get it, I'd potentially be looking at $50 from my company for my 9-1 (plus setup and tear down) plus between $50-$150 a night in tips... For permanent employment I'd be looking at somewhere between $15-$20 an hour.

Paul

hey Ron how are ya? Good to see you Lobo. I will be in Vegas again in Sept. mid week though. I will be in Sacramento from the 21st thru the 29th this month. A Vegas meet would be good, only about 4 1/2 to 5 hours for us Az guys.

Vegas could be fun. Its been 12 1/2 years since the wife and I have been there.
Rich lets try to hook up down in Sacramento when you come to town. Its a quick two hour drive from my house. Doing the speed limit of course.

Mark;)

Back