Dam Headlights

• Thread starter Distinguished Dat2k1
  • Start date
D

Distinguished Dat2k1

Dam Headlights

Seeing as I don't have an owners manual for my car.....is there any way to turn off the automatic lights? I mean if I wanted to go to a drive-in movie, my headlights would be on if I wanted to start my car to recharge the battery after running my stereo for a while.(1200 watts likes to eat up battery power)

thanx

Re: Dam Headlights

Your emergency brake engaged before, or after ignition will disengage the headlights. All cars have this feature to disengage the daytime running lights.

they're not daytime running lights, i actually don't have daytime running lights. there is a light sensor attached to the rear-view mirror pointing out the windshield and when it detects that its dark enough for headlights, they automatically turn on, interior lights and all so i never even have to touch my headlight switch. it also detects whether or not it's dark enough for high beams.....if you have the high beams on and a car is approaching, they automatically go back to low beams until the car passes and then high beams come on again.

Maybe yours is not working correctly or I've misunderstood your question but, in my SC all you have to do is rotate the "autolamp" sensitivity control to off (the module right beside the headlamp switch).

Okay, I was giving an example of when the car is at a complete stop.

If you are driving, your SC is like mine with the auto sensitivity feature, yet a don't have the little radar-detector-looking device behind the rear view mirror. You should have that switch Paul mentioned next to the knob you pull out to manually turn on and off the lights. Next to that is the dimmer switch that controls the brightness of the interior lights. With that switch in the full-up position, it reads "auto" which enables your car ability to use that feature. Just turn the knob down slightly and you will feel it click down below the auto feature. It should then be disabled. Unless, or course, your car is completely different from mine and I am just rambling for no apparent reason.

Hope this is of some help.

Back