has anyone tried this?

virgs93sc

I was told to try to block my crosstalk tube(between the intake and the return plenum) when I go to the track, and also boost up the fuel pressure, has anyone tried this and how did it work. I am not currently infront of my car so i'm not sure where this tube is so if anyone could shed some light on this, I would really appreciate it. what is a good way to block the tube?

tried the cross talk tube at the track and it didn't do anything for me. The fuel pressure can be adjusted but the only reason you should do it is if you think you don't have the right mix. If anything stock settings are a little fat so turning the pressure down a little might be best. Be very careful though, leaning it out at the track when your running full out can destroy an engine real quick.

Don't block the crosstalk tube until you have a larger TB and MAF at the very least. It's not going to help a stocker much, and could damage the blower.

Jeff

You need to have as little restriction into the supercharger as possible. Not only does the restriction limit flow potential but the restriction causes the differential pressure between the inlet side of the rotors and the outlet side of the rotors to be much greater (*). This causes the undue pressure on the bearings. As the rotors pump air there are pulsations or surges that occur, and this damages the bearings. The reason for the crosstalk tube is to feed a small portion back to the supercharger to give it something to chew on so that it doesn’t cavitate and chatter the bearings.

* The pressure difference over the area of the blower rotors becomes more significant.

Jeff

So I probably shouldn't try it then? I do have a zr motorsport air intake with k&N cone on the end, so this and the 76 mm maf is not enough, I need a tb too? well better safe than sorry.
thanks,
-Virg

Virg,

Blocking/removing the cross talk hose didn't do anything on mine except cause the bypass valve to become ultra sensative. Adjusting the fuel pressure can only be done by changing to an adjustable pressure regulator. I've had three so far and they all had mechanical failures (leaks, pressure sticking ect...). I'm back to using a stock regulator and had it dyno tuned to make sure the air fuel ratio was correct.

If you still have a stock fuel pump and injectors, it's about time to upgrade.

David

Back