Two Questions?????????

OKThumper

93 SC

What size and shape are the front and rear speakers? Any good deals out there?

OK three questions

What is the fix for the rear window trim that gets dull and the covering on it starts to crack?

Thumper:D :D :D

Last edited:
New from Ford?

Thats is kind of like a Tornado.........it sucks!

Can I just take them off scuff them down and squrit them with some flat black paint?

Thumper:D :rolleyes: :confused:

So 5X7 is oval, good thing I asked I thought they were round. Any suggestions for good speakers that won't break the bank or my ear drums.

Last edited:
You can, but you will have to use a special paint that will stick to aluminum or it will flake off after a while.

Just about any of the 5X7's are going to be about the same quality. Pick something you like.

Jeff

I tried to sand it down and repaint it, etc....I ended up buying a new one from Ford.

Trust me, it's worth the $30-40 to spend purchasing a new one.

Dale

Edit: I have Cerwin Vega 3-way's in mine on all 4 corners, and I love the sound they have.

That's funny!!!

You have four "Vegas" (as in the C word) in your SC, "vega" in spanish means "dosen't work" , maybe thats why you don't see many Spanish people driving them.

But thanks for the info.

Thumper:D :D :D

Wrong car, you are thinking of Nova, as in No va (won't go)

Sorry I don't spell spanish.

Jeff

This last weekend I was visiting a Shelby car buddy and he noticed the faded black paint on my rear window trim. He said he bought this can of spray paint from a paint shop here in town for the trim on this Saleen mustang he had. It worked well for him. The only thing is isn't the rear trim on that window a rough flat black and not the smooth flat black?

Its more of a rubber compound, probably dipped at the factory. god knows why some moldings are painted and some are that cheap rubber coating. Mine peeled right off in the Florida sun. Just buy a new one at www.fordpartsonline.com. You know that good paint around the sides of the front/rear windows that doesn't fade, why couldn't they have used that on all of them, including the B-pillar door trim that fades after a few years.

Back