Loud "knock" when let go of the clutch...??

XsithX

SCCoA Member
Yeah, when I'm putting the car into gear I have to let out the clutch incredibly slow or else I'll hear a loud bang from (what seems to be) the back of the car. Anybody know what this could be?

The part is under $35.00. Labor should be no more than 1 hour. assuming the Yoke isn't damaged.

But if that's it you should also be experiencing vibration going down the road. You should be able to go to an auto shop and get a free estimate. They'll put it up on the rack and verify the problem and give you a quote. Just make sure you're clear that you don't want them fixing it until you get a quote.

You could check your rear differential bushings, too. I don't know if I'd say its Loud, but mine definitely make some noise letting out the clutch unless you do it just right.

Thanks a lot. I'll have it looked into.

JJanney: Could you get back to me if you find out is wrong with your car

If I find out anything tomorrow, I will post here in this thread. I would like to know how to replace it though, if it is the U-joint. Is it in the Haynes manual?

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Well, mine is not the U-joint. It turned into something far more expensive. The tranny.

I've no clue yet what is wrong with it. I have started another thread regarding the tranny so I do not hijack this one. The tranny shifts fine, but the thunk is annoying. I'll try and find out some more information when I can. Maybe the tranny gurus can help.

Back