Uphostery repair..

S

stas

Uphostery repair..

Hello, the front seats on my SC are torn in some places; the driver's side bolster and a small tear in suede leather on the passenger side. Do any of you fellas know a good and inexpensive shop to repair the seats, and kind of price I can expect? Is it possible to repair the tear in suede without re-upholstering the whole seat, I hope it is. Got tired of riding around in a run-down Supercoupe lol, my eyes get watery every time I see those tears.
Thanks,
Stas.

Re: Uphostery repair..

C'mon people, gotta do better than that.

Sorry Stas in the same predicament as you, my front seats are leather and shot

Have you considered some seat covers? Some of them are tight fitting enough to look quite decent, better than torn seats anyway!

Regards,

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind, but I'd really like to see if there's a chance to fix the seats without paying an arm and a leg. If there's nothing I can do than seat covers is the only way..I guess. It's going to be very difficult to let go that beautiful black/gray suede interior because of two small tears.
Stas.

I have a freind in the buisness and he is reasonably priced so I found out.Just for fun i went to a few apolstery shops and had prices given to me,after i came to i realized what a deal i was getting but i have known him for over 21 years and i think he has done apolstery work in everyone of my cars.From what i know if a section of the seat is thin or ripped,you need to replace the section.So you first have to find the correct material out of the upolstery book ,then you have to hope like hell the material is available,then order and the section of the seat needs to be removed from the seat after it is out of the car ,and so on.I dont think he needs the work but if your serious about getting it fixed and your aware of how much this might cost i can send you to him.he is a no nonsence type of guy and he doesnt repair rips and tears ,he replaces what needs to be replaced and is dam good and he is going to rebuild my seats from material to bueatiful scotish leather.I would seggest you get a price from a shop or 2 then let me know and we will go and see him. He is in miss.on wolfdale rd.approx. 2 miles west of square off burnhamthorpe rd.

Back