Changing the clutch

Drago

I'm gonna have to change my clutch sometime soon, and I'm probably gonna do it myself. Does anyone know how hard it is to change it. I don't have a hoist, so I'm probably just gonna drive the car up onto some ramps, and try to pull the tranny out from underneath. Appreciate any input.

Drago

Actually, I'm in the process of doing it myself, started tonite. I used four jack stands with about 18 inches of clearance . I have only removed, thus far is my exhaust system (as one piece, cats back). I will be swapping in another pumpkin, 3.27's, as well.

Exhaust2a.jpg

As far as the difficulty, if doesn't seem to be as bad as I first thought, once the exhaust is gone....getting to the tranny is no problem. Having a willing friend helps a great deal!

Get a good manual, if you dont already have one. The steps seem to be right on, at this point. Althought, I've only started.

I'll keep ya posted!

Calvin

clutch

i just had mine done at a garage down the road and he said he had no problem at all. his biggest gripe was that he charged me a flat rate of $250.00 and he said if he had known about the exhaust being in the way, he would have charged me more. a suggestion though, change the rear main seal also. while you have the thing apart it only makes sense.they are cheap and yes, mine was worn. art

Back