Solid rubber motor mounts.

chepdog

I was wondering just how good are the solid rubber motor mounts from MN12 performance products compared to the oem originals. (On the SC model t-bird.) Thanks guys.

YES, the solids one are much better. The OE style are fluid filled, and under the torque of the engine, they will break. The solid ones are much, much more durable. My OE ones were totaly shot after 80K miles. Give Rich a call and get some solid ones, and do it right. Rich is a great guy with good service. Good luck..

Thomas

I put solid one in my SC. I bought them from a local parts store. (Advance Auto Parts)

I bought them there because they were about 1/2 the price and I didn't want to wait.

good luck
tim

38SCPROJECT said:
I put solid one in my SC. I bought them from a local parts store. (Advance Auto Parts)

I bought them there because they were about 1/2 the price and I didn't want to wait.

good luck
tim

Tim, what part number did you get from Advanced??

RJ

if you do a search on the Ontario board I have posted the part #'s for the solid rubber mounts. Huge improvement over the stock ones.

I also put the solid mounts on about 2 months ago and I all I have is praise on there performance. I guess anything is better than 2 demolished mounts right?! I highly suggests them to any one, I can't tell one bit of cabin vibrations or anything comparing the two...I know I had some guys at Carlisle sit in my car just to find out how they liked it and they were suprised.

Make the change, it's worth every penny.

-Tim

advanced...

I got mine from advanced for 56$ and they are solid as hell and work just fine! Ive built a few high hp engines and In my .02 these will hold up great

how to identify solid mounts?

I've got motor mounts on my car that seem pretty solid, they have a sticker on them that says ford service parts.

How do I know if I've got solid mounts or fluid filled?

Just to clarify how I view this in my mind.

Solid motor mounts and Fluid filled motor mounts are basically the same. The issue is that when the Fluid filled motor mounts tear, the fluid leaks out letting the motor drop, rubbing holes through things like power steering lines and oil pans.

The solid ones still keep the engine up, even if torn.

The problem with both mounts is simply too much motion allowed in the engine when launching. If your bump stop on the drivers side mount is missing, it's likely you would tear both a solid or fluid filled mount. Either build up a bump stop on the driver side mount or put in a torque strap.

Back