big time problems

bg9219

Just recently i had problems with my coupe and i took it to a mechanic. The symptoms were said to probably have been a blown headgasket. The mechanic checked it out n said that both gaskets were cracked so he replaced them. After i got it back i drove it for 300 miles and BOOM hell broke loose, there was a loud tinging and soon after an unbelievable amount of smoke was comin from my tail pipes. Oil now slowly drips out of the pipes and runs worse now then before i had the head gaskets replaced. Now my question is should i drop a new motor in my SC or should i just get a lower end rebuild?

thanx

Personally I'd take it back to the mechanic. If it's moving that much oil through the exhaust though something's wierd. Gotta be sucking oil into the intake somewhere. Even broken rings shouldn't pull enough oil to make it through the exhaust pipes.

I've never done the HG job myself so I'm guessing on this one but maybe someone else will know. If you use the wrong HG's will they block the oil return holes from the heads?

Your mechanic obviously f***ed something up big time. More that likey something was left in the cylinders, such as dirt or a tool or some foreign object which caused the rings to blow. I'd advise you get a lawyer because with an engine replacement on the line, the turkey will deny deny deny any responsbility.

Also, you shoulda never run the car after it blew.. that kinda hurts your case.
Until you pull the heads, you're not going to know enough about the damage to decide what to do. That is unless you just want to go and get a new/used engine from somewhere.

Back