Buy Porterfield-KVR-HAWK pads in Canada?

D

Darryl OKeefe

Buy Porterfield-KVR-HAWK pads in Canada?

Any of you Ontarians know where a fella could buy some KVR/Hawk (aka Porterfield) pads in good 'ole Canada?

I'm actually looking for a whole solution to my braking needs - perhaps X-drilled rotors if the price wasn't too drastic..

Thanks fellas/ladies.
Darryl

Re: Buy Porterfield-KVR-HAWK pads in Canada?

buy PBR dual pistons and bigger brakes for a bullit stang and do the conversion. Cross drilled rotors look nice but can't be turned once they warp. Also they eat pads quickly. I would suggest you just go to bigger brakes. If you want something go sloted but just having all 4 vented and oversized should supply more than enough stopping power.

Why don't you do the Lincoln Mark VIII brake upgrade. Larger single-piston calipers and 11" rotors. This is inexpensive and a great difference in braking power. Let me know if you want me to check on my price at UAP for this item. It may even be worth it for me to ship you the stuff?

Let me know if you want more info.

Bill McNeil.

Actually Bill, I'm not really sure exactly what'd I need to buy to do the upgrade on my 89. I'm open to any options (I'd like to stay away from buying in the states of course). Do I need to upgrade my "spindles" for the Lincoln upgrade?

What exactly would I need?
And of course, the pad issue...CF enhanced semi-metallics seem the way to go..Can these be bought in Canada for the Lincoln rotors?

Darryl, semi-metallic pads are not the best way to go. Either your pad or your rotor will wear. The tougher the pad the more the rotor wears. Since pads are cheap I say go with the cheaper pad and save your rotors, especially if you end up with expensive rotors. Also softer pads actually help you stop better.

So what are you suggesting Seb? Organics?

I'd been getting the impression that carbon fibre based semi-metallics were a low dust, rotor friendly, high-performance pad..

Suggestions?

Back