Trailer Hitch

P

Peterdroy66

Trailer Hitch

Has anybody got a trailer hitch for an SC which they want to sell?
I had one on the parts car last spring - I let it go on the wreck figuring I would never need it again.......
I don't plan on long tows, but I just got myself back into the boat world, and want to be able to at least move the thing around using the SC, or SHORT trips.
Scorpion 21' offshore should look pretty cool behind the SC
Cheers

Re: Trailer Hitch

Peter,

That's an aweful lot of weight to be towing behind a SC?! Doesn't that size of boat require a Class III hitch, at least?! So, are you gonna throw in some airbags to help those rear springs out?!

Sean

Its all a matter of tongue weight.
Because its an outboard, the entire Trailer wieght loaded will be around 2500 - 3000 lbs. Thus the tongue weight should be 250 - 300 lbs -This is if I needed to pull it on the highway etc,
For just moving it around, I would keep the tongue weight lower 75-100 lbs.
I can get my brother to take it long distances for me.

Peter,

I know those solid rubber mounts you told me about are from Pioneer Automotive Products, and I still have the part number you gave me. I thought you told me that you only paid $29 per side. UAP here in Hamilton is telling me they can't sell the same part for anything less than $86 per side. Where did you purchase yours from, and how long did it take to get them in stock?

I'd really like to have these before this weekend, so that I can swap the mounts before I bolt the new heads down.

Thanks,

Sean

motor mounts

Sean
233-5896 Fincham Automotive, Ask for Rick. They should be able to get them same day, if you get in a jam, you can use the ones I have.

I picked up the boat tonight.

Cheers

Re: motor mounts

Thanks a bunch, Peter!

Congratulations on the boat!!! Happy sailing/motoring!!!

I'll let you know how I make out with the mounts.

Cheers,

Sean

I don't know how to tell you this Sean but that UAP price is what I paid for the solid mounts as well. We get burned up here real bad on those things.

UAP are crooks!!!

I phoned Peter's buddy at Fincham Automotive and he's selling me the solid rubber Pioneer Automotive Products motor mounts (exactly the same part as UAP) for $27/ea. I'm looking at getting the solid rubber transmission mount at the same time for $47.88.

I can't believe the mark-up by UAP!

'How's dem apples', Les?!

Sean

That is why you have a friend named Bill that goes to UAP and gets dealer cost.

Bill,

...speaking of which, are you ready to do the O2 sensor bulk buy??? I should really replace mine while everything is apart.

I'm sure the passenger's side sensor is contaminated after the gasket blew!!!

...what was that price again??? $55 each???

What's your schedule like for Sunday, Billy???

Thanks,

Sean

Back