cold air intakes

shawn

what intake gives the most power gains i hear the mac sounds and looks best but does the zr aem kandN and what ever other ones out there give the most horse thanks

I really don't think your going to see any HP differences from between the ZR and the MAC. The MP is overkill unless you have blower/headwork done. The K&N FPIK or whatever it is called is kinda a joke, becuase you still use the stock intake tube. I'd go with the ZR or MAC. I personally went with the ZR before upgrading to the MP. Looked great and worked great.

Thomas

the ZR works fine and is a better looking piece than the MAC the MP is expensive so don't buy it unless you really need it.

I believe you can get it from..

SCP, they have one that is called the SCP 3.5" intake. I would rather get the ZR intake which I should be getting in a few days from Blue Tongue Motorsports.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Nice chick!!

SpaceGhost

You can get the Zr intake from Blue Tongue Motorsports
click on the link below, then click on the Zr motorsports logo,

To order one you need to send them an E-mail,
Their main guy, Paul,( is a good guy) and will get back to you, send them what you want, then your address so they can send you back a quote

They accept paypal and other forms of payment

Blue tongue motorsports

Hey DGernmann,

How long did your ZR take from ordering to recieving? Mine seems to be taking forever. Not really, I'm just going nuts waiting for it.

Re: Nice chick!!

DGernmann said:
SpaceGhost

You can get the Zr intake from Blue Tongue Motorsports
click on the link below, then click on the Zr motorsports logo,

To order one you need to send them an E-mail,
Their main guy, Paul,( is a good guy) and will get back to you, send them what you want, then your address so they can send you back a quote

They accept paypal and other forms of payment

Blue tongue motorsports

thanks for the information

I have a C&L 76mm MAF and a BBK 75MM throttle body with a 3in.
MP cold air pipe. The 3in pipe is smaller than the 75mm throttle body.
and with my cone filter,it was to long and went inside the throttle
body.I had to shorten the pipe about an one inch.So it would not be inside
the throttle body and to make it easier to get it apart.One end was in the
throttle body and the end of the cone filter was under the metal lip on
the front of my SC making it hard to get apart .

I would go with the 3 1/2 inch pipe.The 3inch is to small of a diameter
if you plan on upgrading to the 76mm MAF & 75MM throttle body.
A smaller MAF or throttle body would be ok for the 3inch tube.

I like the MP pipe. haven't tried the other brans so i do not no if it is better for HP,
but i had no problems with tuning of the MAF.

I beleive a straighter pipe will flow and tune better.No matter what bran.

If you plan to do more upgrades later I would buy the MP 3.5 pipe.

For the sound, a straight pipe with a cone filter will give the loudest wine.

Last edited:
I like the ZR intake with a 7" cone filter unless using a TB larger than 75mm, then I would reccomend the Magnum Powers 3.5" intake and cold air divider.

David

Long time...

89psychobird

I paid Paul last week ...I believe Weds.

I guess or I am hoping it takes 7 days but I am not sure...I hear you seems like forever..

When did you order yours? I think they come from CA. I will let you know when I get mine.

Drew

DGernmann,

I ordered mine May 30th. I received an email last Tuesday saying they had just returned from Carlisle and that it would probably ship within 2 days. So, it probably shipped last Thursday. I don't know which carrier they use. If it is USPS and coming from Cali, I would hope to have it by this Thursday.

It only seems like an eternity, I HATE TO WAIT. Especially for Go Fast Goodies.

Mike

backorder

Got a email from Paul today, filters are on back order...says tenative ship date is the 23rd.

Sucks...

let me know if you got one too.

Drew

Mike, I spoke with Kris (ZRMotorsports) while I was in LA this past weekend and he said your kit shipped. He did not have the tracking # on him when we met up on Sun, however I will follow up with him today and get back to you.

Paul

Lucky

You a lucky Baster*d!! Oh well I need to wait, let me know how it all goes and when you receive it. I will be waiting for mine....

I received it today. I probably won't get it installed until next week some time. Everything looks great!

I can't wait. Maybe I will post a pic once it is in. It will be slightly custom, as I will be fabricating a media-blasted aluminum plate instead of the black steel plate (it will match my blasted MAF). I am hoping for some performance gain by eliminating about a pound or so with the aluminum weight savings. HAHA

Mike

Last edited:
Back