SC computer

oxygen822

I have come across a computer from a 89-93 SC (not sure of the exact year, but that body style) 5-spd. I have a 91 SC that I tried putting the computer in, but mine is an automatic. When i put in the second computer the car ran and idled very rough. I wanted to put this computer in because the cooling fan comes on whenever the iginition is in the on position... easier than wiring the fan to a toggle switch. So my question is, do you think the computer just needs some driving time to adjust? Or is it just a bad idea to put that computer back in my car?

SC EEC's

I believe you need to have the exact EEC for your year/model/transmission type SC. So if you have a 1991 SC w/auto, you need the EEC from another 1991 SC Auto. I believe the pinouts are different between just about all the different year SC's

Good luck,

Phil

I just swapped a 90 5sp engine into a 91 AOD and found that I had to remove the pass side manifold w/all EGR stuff as well as the harness for the crank/cam sensors b/c of the difference between 3 & 4 wire O2 sensors b/c the plugs are different.
I would suggest putting your original computer back in and working around it. The cheapest way to have your fan on when to start the car, just leave the defroster on, b/c it turns the fan on instantly. Good luck

either that, or you can just get a chip or tuner to fix the problem, and you'll see some performance gains at the same time.

Brian

Back