Does anyone make 2.25" downtubes for stock manfld?

phils89sc

I want to get my exhaust done, no, let me rephrase that, I NEED to get my exhaust done from the manifolds to the beginning of my Flowmaster Cat-back system. I want 2.25" downtubes to my hi-flow cats (also 2.25") to either a magnaflow resonator, or delete resonator and use a crossover tube.

I went to the SC Performance site, but they want an ungodly price for a set of pipes to mate to factory exhaust manifolds ($195/pair w/o convertors, sounds like a lot for a pair of bent exhaust pipes).

Is there any other place out there that has these type down-tubes for less? I mean, it's only pipe right? I know it is probably mandrel bent, but so is My entire Flowmaster exhaust, and it was only $269, for everything from the cat-back!! What gives on that $195.00 for a couple peices of pipe?

Any info/comments/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil Stocker

The Supercoupe Performance ones are Not Mandrel Bent either, thought the material is real good quality aluminized and thick gauge. I got those but they didn't fit properly. by the time we modified them to fit right i would have been better off to just have my exhaust guy make them. Any exhaust shop can do it just make sure they use good aluminized pipe, not the cheap low carbon steel pipe that most use so you'll be back in 2 years.....

So what you are saying...

What you are saying is that the SCP downtubes for factory manifolds are not worth the steep $195.00 price tag they are asking right? I am glad I am not the only one, if that is the case.

I checked out the ones that Tbird88 makes, and they look pretty good, however, I need to add cats to mine.

Could they be added to Tbird88's down tubes?

BTW, I bought a set of universal hi-Flow 2.25" convertors.

Phil

Tbird88's pipes are long to allow for a mate up to the stock resonator location. I belive they are two pieces and even if they are not, you would just simply cut the tube to length for your application.

Here's a pic he sent me. They are longer so you can cut then back if needed. Fits stock or aftermarket res./muffler.

I had this labeled prototype folder and I know he was saying something about using a different radius bend for the down tubes, so you'll have to ask him for the final word.

Jeff

Attachments

• downtubes5846.jpg
    downtubes5846.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 148
Don't tell Bill that you want downtubes without the converters because he will send you the downtubes that you are supposed to use if you are elminating the cats. You have to tell him that you want the downtubes for use with Cats, but that you don't want his cats.

Back