ahh crap!!

S

sabbySC

ahh crap!!

well today I trailered the car up to Noyzboyz to have the exhaust done and low and behold bad stuff happened. Just as I thought things were getting better things had to go to pot. There was some ice on the trailer anyway we were on our way when the trailer got into a little wobble and the car fell off the trailer (just the back tires). No serious damage was done but the driver side door trim and running board were torn up by the fender of the trailer. I'm pretty peeved. I don't think I'll be fixing this for a while either as I am out of money for a while.

Re: ahh crap!!

Sebastien,

I am very sorry to hear of this. I hope there was nothing else damaged in the process.

"Leave the looks for last".

nothing underneath appears to have been damaged. However this damage does put a stop to my plans for further performance upgrades. I simply can't have my car looking the way it does but with all my recent expenditures it will seriously be 2 months before anything can be done about this.

Sabby, ah...it's not that bad. Take you time with it...and it will be all good.

Sebastien,

That sucks!

I'm really sorry to hear about this... I was really looking forward to seeing that beast soon!

I am seriously grateful for your assistance with my car the past few weeks. If there is anything I can do to help you out, please let me know. I do have that spare set of side skirts if your driver's side panel was damaged?!

Sincerely,

Sean

Steve to me it is major damage, but thanks for the consoling words, and thanks again for all the help!

Sean I'm definately interested in that side trim. I might be able to visit next weekend if you are home? Would you be working on the SC? If so I might be able to come up and help.
Did you get the heads to the machinist? I'm pumped that the car will be ready soon and I'm really looking forward to helping you out (though there will be no beating on my car until the BHJ balancer is installed).

Anyone interested in helping me next Saturday?

Sabby, Sean?

Sunday would be better as I usually work Sat morning (though I've had the last couple of weeks free, so maybe)

Help For Bill...

Bill,

I'll have to play things by ear for the time being...

I'm hoping I can have my heads back from the machine shop by this coming weekend. In the event this happens, I was planning on starting to bolt everything back together. I'm in town this week, but then I'm off on business again next week, so I need to get going to making the car road-worthy again.

...I'm certainly not bailing on you, Bill! Let me see if I'll have my parts ready for reassembly by this weekend, and if not, then I'll try to make the trip out to give you a hand on Saturday. What are you planning on doing??? Is that motor out yet?

Best regards,

Sean

Sebastien,

Send me an eMail, and we can talk about the side skirts...

I'm thinkin' maybe we can work at writing off the balance owing?! $$$

Unfortunately, you know that the one piece of the skirts that I'm missing is the metal panel that mounts to the bottom of the driver's door. Was yours damaged???

Regards,

Sean

Guys,

Here is what I was thinking. The only help I need now is getting the fuel rails off, the jack shaft pulley and the exhaust manifolds.

Since Sebastien has to pass me on the way to Sean's house, he could stop through and help me, leave his car with me, and I could drive him and I on to Sean's place to work on his car. Then it will be like spliting the driving?

Saturday would be better for me, but let me no if that is not at all possible. This way both cars get worked on in the same day, and Sabby can take my exhaust manifolds for porting!!!

Maybe Morana will be around Saturday for a visit, Seb?

Thanks guys,

Parts For Sebastien...

Sebastien,

Was the lower portion of your door actually damaged, or is it just the metal ground effects panel? I'm curious...

You know that I have that skirt set from the parts car, minus the panel it appears you'll need for the bottom of the driver's door. Is there anything else that you need that I may have so that you can get your car repaired ASAP without much cost to yourself? Can the metal panel you have be repaired?

Also, I don't know how well this Saturday will work out, as I have company coming over Saturday evening, so even if I do work on my car on that day, I'll have to cut it short and clean up early. For that reason, it may be better for me too if we can plan to do this on Sunday?! Are you working this coming Sunday, Bill?

BTW, I dropped my heads off today to have them cleaned, glass-beaded, milled and a complete three-angle valve job done. I'm told they should be done by the close of Wednesday. Now I'm in a pickle over my motor mounts... so far I haven't found a local retailer who can supply me with the solid rubber mounts at a reasonable price. I don't want to mount these heads without replacing the motor mounts at this time (the mounts are just too accessible right now to neglect to do them)! Peter Roy mentioned some place out in T.O. where he got the Pioneer solid rubber mounts for around $30 each. I'm wondering if they stock these, or if not then how long would it take them to order them in for me?! Any ideas, guys?! If you read this, Peter, would you please give me the name of that place again?

I'd really like to get as much of this thing back together by the end of this weekend as possible, but I don't want to crash ahead with reckless abandon, and neglect to do some things that I'm likely to pay for later.

Bill, have you unplugged the connectors at each fuel injector yet? You have to be really careful with those clips! Take your time, pal. I wish I didn't have to head out of town again next week, or I'd put mine off and come and work on yours with you. Who knows, if I can't get the mounts in time, then maybe I'll come out anyway!

Cheers,

Sean

Re: Parts For Sebastien...

Oh, Bill...

We removed the A/C compressor bracket without pulling the jackshaft pulley. I think there was one bolt or nut or something that was ugly to get at, but Les, Jim and I managed to do it, so I'm sure you can.

Also, be really careful with the torx screws that fasten the fuel rails to the intake. They are easy to strip if you don't seat a socket squarely into them. The metal screws in an aluminum intake tend to make them really tight after time. Didn't you recently have your fuel rails off to change your injectors???

The exhaust manifold bolts/studs are just ugly to get at. Most of the studs will back out of the heads without the nuts breaking free... don't let this alarm you. Simply make note of where each one goes, and you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Sean

Guys check your eamail I sent both of you a message.

I got your email Sebastien, just waiting to hear from Sean.

Sean,

I already have all the injectors out. They are all the way to Wisconsin already! They were easy because I have done then twice before. The rail is completely off except for the inital connections before the rails take their course around the lower intake manifold.

I have the A/C compressor moved out of the way, but Les and I could not get the A/C compressor bracket off without removing the jack shaft pulley becuase I needed a 15mm flex socket with a 3/8 6" extentsion to get it off. A universal wouldn't fit, and a stardard wrench is restricted because of the studs protruding from the water pump connection.

Anyway, I only need about another 1-2 hours of work before the motor will be ready to come out. I may need a pulley puller to remove te jackshaft pulley anyway because it will need to go to ESM to be re-fitted for a 10 rib belt.

Guys, see what you can do for Saturday and I will see if Sunday is at all possible while at work tomorrow.

Billy,

If I come out at all, it would have to be early Saturday morning. I have a three jaw puller that I used to remove the jackshaft pulley from that parts motor. I could bring it with me. What do you mean in regards to all that's left to remove the fuel rail? Do you only have to remove the fuel lines (pressure and return)? I have one of those cheap plastic sets for removing those lines. It worked great on the parts car and on my car. I assumed that you had the same set and used it to disconnect your A/C lines?! Did you simply unbolt the fittings at the back of the compressor?

What time were you planning on working on your car on Saturday?

Cheers,

Sean

Whatever time you guys are available. Like I said, I could try for Sunday and have an answer by tomorrow, but Saturday looks like my only oppurtunity. Did you repsond to Sabby's email?

About the fuel lines, yes, I just mean pressure and return, otherwise it is completely off. I have those tools to remove them, the small plastic ones, and Les and I were both unsuccessful in using them. Les mentioned you did your's quite easily, but I could get them apart after several attempts.

The A/C lines are still attatched, so no, I did not use those tools to disconnect the lines. I am just down to the manifolds, pressure and return fuel line fittings, and jackshaft assembly that connects to the compressor/DIS bracket.

Hey guys, whats up? Got a question for you guys, or actually a favour sorta. Do any of you guys have access to a pickup truck? I need to get my SC block to Morana so he can work on it, as well as my stock mustang block which he will be keeping. I do not have access to a truck and don't want to rent one. I can pay whoever if anyone can help me out, pay for gas and lunch sound good? This is all I am waiting on to get my SC motor started, I had to save up the cash to get the new bearings and stuff and now I just need to get the block to Morana.

If anyone can help please let me know, I live about 1 hour from TO, even closer to Miss, in St. Catharines.

Thanks guys!

Jamie

Jamie,

I'll ask around and see if I can muster a truck. I'm just in Hamilton, on the mountain near Mount Hope. Let me see what I can do, but I don't personally own a truck.

Regards,

Sean

Jamie shoot me over an email, where are you located? I could borrow my buddies truck if you are near the east end.

Back