climate control

T

thunderkid84

one more question....my 90 SC doesnt have climate control but my friend said that if i can find one from another SC that i can put it in mine and it would work.. is this true and if so how would i hook it up ??? thanx

I highly doubt it, but who knows. You are talking about the electronic climate control right? Anything is possible its just the time and money factor

more what im asking is...i know i can get one...but does the electronic climate control like directly plug into a car that originally didnt have it??

I looked at my Alldata for my 89, and none of the wiring or vacuum diagrams discuss the electronic climate control system seperate from the normal system. There are going to be some additional inputs for the system, like a passenger cabin temp sensor and items like that. But it's possible it will just plug in. I'm just curious about how the blower door is controled, since on the diagrams I can see a cable operated door. Usually climate control systems use some sort of vacuum motor to control the blower door. So my diagrams may not be ideal.

Doh. Found another diagram. It appears that there are some servo motors and stuff you would have to swap out as well. Wouldn't be a slam dunk, but it's possible. Probably more pain than it's worth.

Back