any differneces between 89-93 and 94-95

daivd z

im looking int o a 95 sc 5 speed with 55K on it. mint condition. can u still use all the parts from 89-93's on 94-95's. i know the blowers are a little different. is there any other differences?

Your question is not really specific enough, what parts are you planning on swapping? The interiors of the '94-'95 are not the same as the earlier models. The rear and front swaybars from the '89 are larger than the '94-'95 and would be an upgrade over the stock '94-'95. The hoods are different. The seats are different. The MAF & Throttle body (??) are bigger in the later models. The intercooler and tubing are the same. The fuel tank is different. The wheels sizes are the same.

????

bumper covers front and back
lights
rear lights went to LED in 92
gas tanks are diff from 92 on
there are lots of minor things but some parts are interchangeable.

i dont want to change anything in the interior. i was talkin performance parts. are the blower pulleys the same. i thought i read that people use the older pulleys on the newer ones.

? you still really need to be more specific in what you are asking. In regards to the one question that you did ask clearly, basically there are 4 common sizes for supercharger pulleys, there are the early model 89-93, the 94-95, the 5% and the 10% in terms of providing the most boost (pulley turning the fastest thus being the smallest) the order is the following from largest to smallest:

'94-'95
'89-'93
5%
10%

I believe the difference between the '94-'95 and the '89-'93 is about 3%, not certain whether the 5% pulley is off of the '89-'93 or not, but I believe from what I've read on the board that it is... in which case:

'94-'95 = -3% (largest)
'89-'93 = 0%
5%
10% (smallest)

The '89-'93 is a good improvement for the late model blower if you can find one cheaply, otherwise just got with a 5% and yes, they are all interchangeable in terms of fitting on the supercharger.

Paul

Back