I WANT A LOUDER HORN!!!

B

Bill A McNeil

I WANT A LOUDER HORN!!!

Our horn is completely wimpy, and I want one with some balls. Anyone upgraded theirs? What application should I be looking for?

Any input appreciated (even sarcastic)

Re: I WANT A LOUDER HORN!!!

...even sarcastic, eh?!

Well, I was thinkin' that if you're willing to give up your intercooler, you could probably mount a couple of big airhorns right about there...

...and if you moved the battery to the trunk (better traction and all), you could probably mount the required compressor and other related equipment right about there.

...just kiddin'.

What about just rolling down that big driver's door window and yelling at the top of yer lungs?! Krista might not be impressed, should she be sitting in the passenger's seat, but hey, you'd be stylin' in a 'Jim Carey' sort of way!

Cheers,

Sean

Try a import horn.
Little cars tha make big car noise.

SirChirpAlot

My little Buick Century's horn is twice as throaty and loud as the Cougar's...all you need for some balls is a dual horn...

Two words...Cadillac Horn

These things sound like train horns. Go a scrap yard and get one from a fleetwood or something like that...early to late 80's aught to do it for ya.

Re: Two words...Cadillac Horn

Exactly Tubeamp that's why I mentioned my Buick, it has the same horns as the Caddy's do. Even my Taurus has a louder deeper horn than the Cougar. Dual horns is what does it, you can acutally play with the set screw on most of them to set the tone and loudness to a degree.

COOL, Didn't know that

Cool, didn't know about the adjustment screws...might have to steel my brothers STS for a few hours...he he he.

Later,
Rino

Re: COOL, Didn't know that

My SC has double horns. I thought all of them did? I have two horns facing eachother. Sounds good enough :)

I thought so because mine doesn't sound like just a single horn. What does happen is one of them seizes up and usually you can get it going again by playing with the set screw for the diaphram.

Although this is at the bottom of my list of priorities, I will check out the connection when pulling my motor. At that time, I will consider replacing it with one from a scrap yard.

Thanks for all the reponses.

Back