SCP Magnaflow resonator

DGernmann

I have a few questions:

I purchased a SCP magnaflow resonator.

Now my question is how can you tell the difference between a resonator and a muffler?

Seemed to be a muffler to me, model number was also ripped off the box, (so I could not tell what model # it was) and checked magnaflow's website a dozen of times and could not find a resonator listed at all..

Reason I ask is because Jegs sells a magnaflow muffler seems to be the same dimensions as SCP for a lot less..

Please give me some insite, thanks.

A resonator is a muffler...it's referred to as a resonator when it is installed underneath the cab of the car so as to cut down the amount of sound in that location. That is why you see guys saying they are using a Flowmaster,cherry bomb or any other muffler as a resonator. The one that is most commonly installed on our cars and is probably the same as the SCP listing is Magnaflow part # 12588.

Jeff

So is it cheaper to buy the resonator elsewhere? I was going to buy it from SCP, but if its cheaper somewhere else I'll look into that. Any suggestions?

Hate to say it but

I overpaid with SCP....you can get it from jegs for $94.99 then they charge a 7.99 still cheaper than SCP. I wish I knew this ahead of time....:(

The part numbers are:

642-12278--- for 3" in and 2.25 out
642-12288--- for 3" in and 2.50 out

Link to Jegs Muffler page

They are the last ones listed. Checkit out.

Thanks JSC for the info..

Back