Exhaust Question....

MysticGohan51

ok guys i have a question about the exhaust......i have heard that our cat's are a problem because they are in at 90 degrees or something like that which makes them more restrictive.....i live in NY so i need the cat's on there.....is there a way i can get something to make it so they aren't 90 degrees when i do my whole exhaust.....cat's are expensive but i was thinking about getting better ones of those too just to make it a one time thing....Thanks for your time....

the res is probably the biggest problem, but the cats are bad too. I put High Flow cats on mine that are rated for 5.7 L engines, and a Magnaflow res

Yes, the exhaust shop which does the work for you can bend up a pair of downtubes and install a pair of high flow cats a few inches farther back than stock. I would also recommend a better resonator (Magnaflow). That should take care of most of the restriction.

-Rod

"Resonators" are simply mufflers used as a intermediate pipe to combine the two banks of exhaust and quiet the sounds under the car.

From a different thread I found:

The part numbers are:

642-12278--- for 3" in and 2.25 out
642-12288--- for 3" in and 2.50 out

Link to Jegs Muffler page

They are the last ones listed. Checkit out.

and another thread

18" Magnaflow resonator (#12278)

So i guess it depends on the size of the pipes you are using.

Back