Hard starting when warm and occasional miss @ idle

Edman1000

Anyone know what would cause it to start hard when its warm? It's not too bad, but it does take like 8 seconds of cranking to get it goingonce in a while. also I noticed when it's idling it'll miss once in a while not bad thought just intermittently. doesn't do it under acceleration, (runs like a raped ape!) just at idle.

Edman1000 said:
Anyone know what would cause it to start hard when its warm? It's not too bad, but it does take like 8 seconds of cranking to get it goingonce in a while. also I noticed when it's idling it'll miss once in a while not bad thought just intermittently. doesn't do it under acceleration, (runs like a raped ape!) just at idle.

Hard starting while warm sounds like crank sensor.....and the miss at idle sounds like a vacuum leak. Just a thought!

Calvin

Crank sensor?

Why would the crank sensor cause hard starting while warm? Anyone who has replaced this...Is it hard? How much do they usually run?

I don't know how to fix your problem,because mine will do the same thing.

I don't think it would be the crank sensor.Because mine is new.
And I do not have any vac leaks.
my injectors are new,#42 lucas.
my temp sensors new.
I am running 32.5psi at the schraider valve.KOEO
Cam sensor new.

So if you find out tell me.

Thanks, Randy, and good luck

Last edited:
You should check your fuel pressure at the rail when this is occuring. Hard start when warm on a injected car always gets me thinking vapor lock, or fuel perculation.

Other thoughts may bad injectors, or maybe faulty temperature sensor. I'd pull codes and see if you have any. If the engine temperature sensor is always reading a cold engine, when you restart when warm, the mixture will be overly rich and could make it hard to start.

Back