fuel mileage

hytorksc

I'm getting about 320 miles to the tank full- 50% city, 50% highway driving. Is this about right for this car- is this high or low?

Sounds about right. I am lucky to get 225 out of a tank in mine now, 100% city driving. I could probably muster a 300 mile tank if it was all highway though.

My '90 AOD when stock,

gave a low of 16mpg around town and 28mpg hyway. So that works out to 306 and 538. Those are absolute minimum and maximum and don't reflect driving styles. I typically averaged about 330-420 per fillup. If your mods include larger injectors and/or rear gears, your's should be lower.

Lee

has anyone noticed sometimes those honda guys brag (especially my neighbor) about how they can get 400+ miles to a 15 gal tank of gas in his accord in rush hour traffic. we have 17 gal. tanks and my sc can get at least 400 miles/tank on the highway and 320 miles/tank in rush hour. with gas prices being what they are, by his logic i am stupid for buying a "gas guzzling" car that only gets 80 miles less to the tank than his luxury honda accord with 260hp, but yet my SC could chew him up badly in a race.

i'm sorry, 80 extra miles is not a good reason to conform to the ignorant, dumb masses. and the amazing thing about it is that he's a honda freak, brainwashed like the others and still thinks he has the upper hand. he thinks my car is a POS and has teased me about it. but i say nothing back to him. i think it surprises him that i have something rare, big, fast, reliable, and powerful- something that the ignorant masses is not used to, and still gets good gas mileage.

Last edited:
it's a cult car, back in the day it was a volkswagen beetle, now it's a honda or fake @zz acura suv, and everyone that i have seen on the road seems to get in the way- i'm always passing one- always holding up traffic. maybe they're the ones that created what we know now as rush hour, especially when they're on the phone!

yeah this is really supporting america isn't it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
and don't let me get started on those annoying fake suv's, altima's, and maxima's-

Last edited:
My girl had a1993 honda accord and I raced her from a roll like 10mph to like 60mph with my 84 cougar turbo 2.3 automatic non intercooled and I beat her. I LOVE MY COUGAR
it weighs around 3700 pounds and has a 2.3 liter turbo. WTF?
Why didn't ford put a 5.0 supercharged on the SC? that would've been everything I would want, ever! BUT hell, I love my 3.8 SC!

Mileage per tank

Hey guys.

I have a 90 SC with an AOD. My only mods are a K&N 9" cone filter, TransGo shift-kit, and a B&M quicksilver shifter. I drive around 60\40 city\hwy and I'm lucky to get above 230 to 240 a tank unless it's almost all hwy. I just put in a new engine about 13,000 miles ago with new plugs and magnacore wires. Shouldn't I be getting a little better than that?

Back