A/C Deleter

89SCK@t

Hey guys, I have shop thats going to make an A/C Deleter for me next tuesday. Depending on how the price and everything goes how many of you guys would be interested in it? Right now, all that is going to be made is a bracket, him supplying some high-speed bearings and a shaft, and i am still retaining the stock pulley. I have talked the guy several times, and he said that if i get about10 ppl the price probably would drop about 30 bucks, i know not much, but im still trying to work it...
I was going to get an aluminum pulley made from him as well but he wanted 100 buck an hour, so that isnt happening. but i do have another person in town that can make for 60 an hour, and most of the pulley's i pointed out to him were going to take a little over an hour to make...sooo, the pulley will be hopefully made by my next paycheck. the A/C deleter will be made by thursday next week. ill take pics of it and be testing it on my only car by friday. hopefully nothing happens to my car:rolleyes: i know something will.....

stephen

I would be interested if it is 30 bucks for the whole assembly. Hopefully ten people will be intertested because then it will be a 'go'. Good luck

Sergio

You're just doing this to remove weight from the car right? The A/C compressor doesn't take any power from the engine unless the A/C is on (compressor clutch is engaged). Just making sure.

-Rod

I would help pay for the project if it turned out nice enough, I would perfer another pulley for sure not the stock one. It does free up alot of space with this removed, mine is jerry rigged and cut in half, I would like a nice replacement.
Gary

My buddy and i are going halfers on this project, cause its going to be like 60-70 an hour till its done...shouldnt be more than 3 hours, but who knows. the pulley would be done hopefully on my next paycheck for about 60-80 bucks...but i will be testing this on my car before i sell it to anyone...but hey, if you wanna help out testing it, im all for it!:D i will get more info on tuesday...just got to find a place that can drain my R-12...or i could do it myself...hmmmm.....:cool:

Not to sound mean or anything but are you not the same guy who was going to have someone make a bunch of stuff for our cars. Such as, A/C covers, PS pump pulleys and such. That guy talked about making all this stuff and then never came through or posted again.

Nettlesd

Not to sound mean or anything but are you not the same guy who was going to have someone make a bunch of stuff for our cars. Such as, A/C covers, PS pump pulleys and such. That guy talked about making all this stuff and then never came through or posted again.

Nettlesd,
i tried to get the stuff done but the finance office screwed me outta 4 paychecks, im talking all i had was 40 dollars every 2 weeks, cause i had been getting over paid since i came back from saudi...sorry but paying my bills is top priority food is next...this plan is going through cause i actually have money i can spend. so, sorry if i wasnt able to get stuff done when i posted my last thread concerning the parts i was going to get made. i should be popping out a pulley or 2 every paycheck now.

stephen

a/c delete

I WOULD LIKE TO BE INFORMED ALSO..............JEST ROST MY WEB HERE AT THIS SITE.........................FAST FREDDIE:cool: :cool: :D :D

89sck@t, just do what i did to my son's car, if you never want ac from the original compressor. take apart the compressor and gut it. then tear the clutch from the compressor, then take a cut off tool and cut the back half of the front half off. this leaves only two mounting holes, but that is enough. the weight savings is about seven pounds. i was going to make my own delete, but i figured the bracket would weigh the same as what is on the car now.

Back