where do i get a hi-perform chip

ruswin

I keep hearing about performance chip this and that. First, where do you get them? Second, what EXACTLY do they do. And last how do you install them? I've got a 93 5-speed and a 95 auto.

Attachments

• small twins.jpg
    small twins.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 191
1) This is where I got mine

http://www.apten-us.com/

2)Firms up shifts, adjusts fan settings for t-stat, adjusts for aftermaket maf ect. shift points (if correct term, revs higher before shifting)
Brian can answer better than I.

3)Plugs into the stock computer under the pass. kick panel. Its a tight fit getting that thing out but pretty easy to anything else you would do to the car.

Nice SC.

Julian

Brian Herron at Apten also tunes my car for me. He really knows what he is doing and I highly recommend having him make up a chip for your car(s). As T-bird4vr stated, the chip can do many things for your car. It can adjust your fuel and timing curves, shift points, rev and speed limiters, torque convertor lockup, etc. It's an easy mod, and a great way to pick up some extra power safely.

-Rod

Just discovered how to get 2nd gear scratch with it tonight....
Easy, just shift manually.
95auto real light mods.

I'm happy with it also.

Happy with my APTEN Chip

Greetings,

I also have a 1995 SC/auto, and just installed one of Brian's chips. My car has a 180 degree thermostat, SCP headers/exhaust, 5% overdrive pulley, and Magnacore plug wires. Since installing the chip, my car has a new personality. Firmer shifts, noticable increase in power, and I do believe it runs cooler. I still only get between 22 and 25 MPG, though. All in all, a great investment.

Once I can afford some top end mods (Magnum Powers bolt-ons and such), I will probably have Brian reburn the chip, or whatever you do to it to update it for mods. By the way, I saw where MP is offering a 20% discount on their mega intercooler. Man, I wisht I could afford one of those right now! Eventually, I will do the whole thing - upgraded blower, intercooler, TB, MAF, Intake, etc.

I plan to drive my SC for another 7-10 years, do an overhaul, probably stroker or long rod, maybe both if feasible, bullet-proofed trans, etc. Enough rambling, buy a chip from APTEN, you'll be glad you did.

Don Klitzke
Prospect, TN
931-468-3199 eves

The biggy is that you can use the chip to adjust when your radiator fan kicks in, big deal for us Arizona folks. I've got a chiptuner around here somewhere that I will get a program (actually, probably several) programs from Dr. Fred for.
www.mn12performance.com sells tuners, can't remember if they sell chips or not (too lazy to look at the moment). I've also got a chip lying around somewhere from my wrecked '99 NECO Cougar that I can apparently get reprogrammed (if I can ever find it) and once I get set on a setting for my car (once the mods are done) I will probably just use the chip and then save the tuner for track days or road trips (trying to optimize for different things) or emissions for that matter...

Paul

Back